Advanced Open Water Course
Continue your Dive Education in Costa Rica
Done everything, seen all of it?
There are hundreds of ways how to enrich your experience and finding new excitement: Whether it is exploring shipwrecks, finding and identifying marine life, taking photographs, diving at night, deep diving or learning to navigate a dive site, the team at Summer-Salt Dive Center is there to help you pursuing your passion through the Adventures in Diving program.
Complete any five Adventure dives*, and you will earn yourself the Advanced Open Water Diver certification. This course is available as Junior Advanced Open Water Diver for Kids between 10 and 15 to let them experience the same adventures as their parents! (Duration 2-3 days)
Move up and experience real adventure with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. As you step beyond the PADI Open Water Diver level, you make five dives and have the opportunity to try some of diving’s most rewarding and useful specialty activities, such as deep diving, digital underwater photography, wreck diving and much more These skills make diving much more than underwater sightseeing. Plus, the Advanced Open Water Diver course takes you one step closer to Master Scuba Diver – the ultimate non professional certification in recreational diving. With your PADI Instructor you complete the deep and underwater navigation Adventure Dives. These dives boost your confidence as you build these foundational skills. Then, you choose three additional dives from more than 15 Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can go diving at night, check out the local wrecks in the area or even fly through the ocean on a diver propulsion vehicle – all during your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. Must be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) and 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
Number of dives: 5 dives
Adventure Dive options include altitude diving, AWARE-fish identification, boat diving, deep diving, diver propulsion vehicle use, drift diving, dry suit diving, multilevel and computer diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater nature study, underwater navigation, underwater photography, underwater videography and wreck diving
Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course
Enough talking? Get started right now clicking on the following e-Learning link for more information and then head on to PADI's e-Learning web-page to begin with Adventures in Diving!
Emergency First Response
The Emergency First Response Course (EFR) is the only non-diving course on your way to the Rescue Diver or Dive Master certification. But it's not less exciting if you think of the importance of being able to help other divers or even other people in your every-day life when you find yourself in an emergency situation! This course is great value for your confidence when you find out that you can actually help and know how to!
• Why Emergency First Response? The EFR Course - or any equal certification of less than 2 years ago - is mandatory education to obtain your Rescue Diver and Dive Master certification. But besides the diver specific training you'll obtain, it gives you very usefull information and practice for you every-day life to learn how to handle emergencies and can therefore be used for other training or qualifications like obtaining your drivers licence.
• What do I need to?
◦ Everybody can enrole in this course!
◦ Motivation to make a difference and some imagination as we will not roll over some poor pedestrian to get you a patient to practice on...:-D!
• What will I do? The EFR course takes you through the theory and practice of Primary Care - from Scene assessment over Adult CPR to the treatment of life threatening conditions like a choking adult, serious bleeding, shock or spinal injuries - and Secondary Care which teaches you to assist injured patients by offering first aid and support while waiting for Emergency Medical Service. The course also includes the use of Emergency Oxygen (for divers only) and the Automated External Defibrilator. No, you won't become a paramedic, but you will make the difference between life and death!
• How long will it take? As all courses that we teach, the Emergency First Response course is performance- and not time-based and depends on the size of the group and your ability meet the objectives. Usually it will take you 2 full days!
• What's the price? The course includes the EFR study manual with knowledge reviews, a qualified EFR Instructor to follow the program with you, all medical material needed for practicing and of course your certification in the end. 125$ is just a symbolic participation for this very usefull certificate!
For more detailed information feel free to visit the Emergency First Response web-page or inquire with us!
Diver Master Course
Become a Professional Diver in Costa Rica
If you really love SCUBA diving, why not make a career of it? The PADI DiveMaster certification gives you great opportunities in the diving industry, whether you wish to work as a dive guide, instructional assistant, dive boat crew or sales person. Our instructors will lead you through the program towards your certification as a SCUBA diving professional, giving you lots of hands-on experience in the process.
Please contact us for scheduling and information about internship options.
Rescue Diver Course
This is your first step towards diving leadership, and necessary training to be a responsible diver. This course prepares you to evaluate and cope with hazards, whether they impact you or others, and is great for increasing confidence & safety. Classroom and pool training prepare you for open water exercises, including search patterns and simulated rescues. Course includes classroom, pool, & open water training.
• You can enroll in the Rescue Diver Course as a certified Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) and participate in the Rescue Diver knowledge development and rescue training sessions, in confined water only, while working on your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
• To participate in the rescue training sessions in open water, and to participate in the open water rescue scenarios, you must be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
• Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
• Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months. The Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses meet these requirements.
What will I do? Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you'll cover:
• Self-rescue and diver stress
• AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems
• dive first aid
• swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
• emergency management and equipment
• panicked diver response
• underwater problems
• missing diver procedures
• surfacing the unconscious diver
• in-water rescue breathing protocols
• egress (exits)
• first aid procedures for pressure related accidents
• dive accident scenarios
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 25
• Minimum Open Water Training: five sessions over two days
Confident enough to take the challenge?
Click on the following link and get started right away with this exciting course!
PADI Adventure Diver Course
Short on time or budget?
The Adventures in Diving program is a perfect option for certified divers who were not planning to spend much time diving in Costa Rica but still would like to improve their skills or participate in more challenging diving activities! We understand that there are plenty of things to do in Costa Rica which is why PADI has developed this certification course to advance your skill level in little steps with little time and therefore more accessible for your purse!
Course Technical Information
How does it work?
• Comprehensive theory supported by a Manual and Instructor advise with quick reviews.
• This is a practical course, that means it emphasizes to do learn new skills by doing them out in the Ocean
• This course can be used to refresh your skills after a long diving brake and to improve them at the same time!
• Permanent professional supervision for maximum safety and advise
Why should I do the PADI Adventure Diver Certification in Costa Rica?
• As a certified Adventure Diver you’ll be even more recognized around the world to participate in more challenging diving adventures that remain accessible only to the best divers. This Course is also the base of the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification and will be credited towards this level.
• With the Adventure Diver certification, you would be able to dive some of Costa Rica’s remote diving destination in Guanacaste for big encounters of Bull-Sharks, Manta-Rays and different pelagic marine life that can be seen in the Gulf of Papagayo!
• Enough talking? Get started right now clicking on the following e-Learning link for more information and then head on to PADI's e-Learning web-page to begin your Adventures in Diving!