Introductory diving courses
Discover Scuba Diving Course.
For those short on time or just curious about the diving experience, we offer a dive introduction program, the Discover Scuba Diving experience which is also known as a Resort Course. This dive initiation experience will give you access to the under-water world by taking your very first breaths under-water and can be enjoyed by kids as young as 10 years completed.
Reasons to do a Discover Scuba Diving Experience in Costa Rica:
• When you participate in a Discover Scuba Diving program, you discover excitement and adventure - freedom and serenity.
• Nothing compares to the "weightless" exhilaration of breathing underwater. Only a diver knows the feeling and that’s why we promise you will not regret and keep this diving experience for the rest of your life!
• This is a “Must-Do” for nature lovers who want to see all the natural richness of Costa Rica! This experience will give you a close-up interaction with an essential part of Costa Rica’s world-famous biodiversity without having to spend precious time in class-rooms and swimming-pools.
Did you know that kids can dive?
Nowadays, scuba diving has become an extremely safe activity...so safe that even kids from 10 years and up can learn how to do dive and get into the Ocean almost instantly!
Diving is a step forward for the kids in several ways. Children taking the Discover Scuba for Kids, will not only enjoy the new skills as divers, but will also have a great adventure during the learning process itself, from the discovering of the interesting concepts behind diving to the thrilling moment of getting into the ocean for the first time! They will live a great personal experience and account some awesome stories to share with friends.
Course prices and packages
Ready to become a diver? Choose options and book your course right away!
What else will the kids learn and do during the diving course?
When children participate in our Discover Scuba for kids program, they discover something beyond the excitement coming from the own adventure of diving.
- They discover a new angle about freedom and serenity.
- A refreshed appreciation and respect for the "adults rules and procedures".
- A new perspective about Nature and the real dimensions of their planet.
- New knowledge about their world, through the early learning of several physicochemical and physiological processes included in the diving theoretical and practical "wisdom bag".
Give your kid(s) the coolest gift!
As result...you'll be the coolest mom or dad ever!
Check this short PADI Discover Scuba for Kids video. =>
If you think this could be for your children... click in the button below to contact us and we'll help you planning a "deep surprise".
PADI Open Water Diver course in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
This is the ticket to all the excitement and fun that SCUBA diving has to offer. During pool training and instructor guided theory sessions you will gain all the necessary skills and knowledge a SCUBA diver needs to enjoy the fun in a safe way. Your instructor will also take you on four dives in open water. There, you will have a chance to interact with the creatures of the sea, as well as to demonstrate the techniques for safe, enjoyable diving with your instructor. This course is available as Junior Open Water Diver for your Kids between 10 and 15 to make diving a great family experience! If you can't wait to begin your adventure, then check out the PADI e-Learning option to get started right now!
How does it work?
• Comprehensive theory supported by a Manual, Videos and Instructor advise with quizzes and exam
• Performance based. That means the course takes as much time as you need (usually no more than 4 days).
• Fast access to confined water to practice and enjoy the sensations of scuba diving
• Permanent professional supervision for maximum safety
So why should I do the PADI Open Water Certification in Costa Rica?
• As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected dive credential in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. That way you’re free to explore the down-side of Costa Rica’s world famous bio-diversity and won’t miss out the most up-close and personal experience with Costa Rica’s wildlife!
• If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water diver program.
• Can’t wait to do it? Check our digital learning options and start your training right now by clicking on the Whale-Shark (...or the girl, the “e” of eLearning) I clicked the snorkel ;-)
Refresh your Dive Training in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
So you’ve been on a diving break? There are hundreds of bad excuses to not go dive, but there are many more reasons to go again! Think of all those sensations, adventures and wildlife that you miss just there and reachable without effort! If you haven’t been diving for over a year, it’s about time to refresh your memories. At the Summer-Salt dive center we’ll make sure you can get back into the water safely and ejoyable, for you and your dive buddies, to get the best out of your dives as if you’ve been diving just yesterday!
Course prices and packages
Choose and book below your 2 or 3 tanks diving tour around local islands near Playas del Coco in Costa Rica.
o ReActivate with pool only: 50$ o ReActivate with 1 Ocean Dive: 135$
o ReActivate with 2 Ocean Dives: 150$ o ReActivate Touch with pool only: 100$
o ReActivate Touch with 1 Ocean Dive: 185$ o ReActivate Touch with 2 Ocean Dives: 200$
So why should I do a Reactivate Diving Experience in Costa Rica?
• When you haven’t been diving for a long time (over a year), you automatically loose some of your diving abilities and the idea of getting back in the water might make you nervous. Diving is a relaxed activity that always adapts to the least experienced. However, at some point you might forget certain essentials and therefore compromise safety at the expense of other divers.
• At the Summer-Salt Dive Center we care about the well-being and safety of all divers and we will adapt to it in order to have every diver enjoy the dives that correspond to their experience and training level. • When participating at a ReActivate program, we can assure that you will enjoy the experience and make it one of your greatest memories during your visit to Costa Rica!